The bronze bust on the stone column is the work of the academic sculptor Stojan Batič (1925–2015).
For the first time, the Vilhar monument was ceremoniously erected in 1906, according to the plan of the sculptor Alojzij Repič (1866–1941) and architect Ivan Jager (1871–1959). In 1926, due to fascist desecration, it was transferred to the Church of St. Stephen, but was completely destroyed in 1941. The new, Batič sculpture was again placed on the square in 1995.
Sit on the bench under the statue of Miroslav Vilhar and look around: at the ceremonial unveiling in 1906, around 4,000 satisfied and proud people from all over Slovenia gathered around the monument in the square.