The Castle Cycling Trail is a rugged circular cycle path that will take you back to the times of the Middle Ages, when knights fought for their chosen ones.
The route passes numerous villages and churches, and on the way you can visit as many as three medieval castles (Prestranek Castle, Orehek Castle, Predjama Castle), and on the edge of Planina Field you will be able to see the ruins of a once mighty baroque castle Hošperk (Haasberg) and Ravbar tower – the only preserved remnant of the former Mali grad in Planina.
Along the way, you can find a diverse range of cyclist-friendly restaurants and lodgings, where you can refresh yourself, rest and gather some fresh strengths for new cycling adventures.
A special feature of the Castle Cycling Route is that there are as many as 6 different pumptracks along the route:
• Postojna (at the foot of the Sovič hill, near the barracks)
• Prestranek (playground behind Primary School Prestranek)
• Orehek (next to the football field, by the chapel at the entrance to the village)
• Dilce (next to the children’s playground and bowling green)
• Bukovje (next to the basketball and soccer fields)
• Planina (Planina quarry, first terrace)
The first three pumptracks are asphalt, the last three are earthen or sand.